Re: (TFT) slide rules

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 20:19:10 -0700
"Jay Carlisle" <Jay_Carlisle@charter.net> wrote:
> A gaming "Calculator"?
   .  .  .
> (Actually my oldest pocket calculator is Ropps commercial calculator
> circa 1887 I assume Ill have to do a combo of the two approaches to get a
> functional deal w/o a bunch of You write like Cory Doctrow junk)

I have a small collection of slide rules and various other calculating
devices, so this idea intrigues me.

I'd love to see this original post without all the odd replacement
symbols in it, any chance of getting that from you?  (If you need to,
email me the Word document and I'll convert it.)  If you've got some
ideas on constructing this, let me know, I would love to build something
like this.  I've build a few such things out of stiff paper that I've
printed on, I'd love to work on a TFT calculator!