Re: (TFT) Cannon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"

Cast iron guns began appearing in the late sixteenth century but were
subject to catastrophic failure causing shattering of the barrel into
shrapnel instead of splitting (especially around the breach) like a Lombard.
Owing to this (as well as significant access to copper and tin) in 1599 a
royal order in Spain decreed that all gallons carry only bronze cannon and
all merchantmen had to carry at least 2 bronze pieces.
By 1725 cast iron cannon were the standard.

I'll call this 'Adventures In Pressure Washing.
I currently have a 1500 lbs psi machine with a 1.5" split in the hose leading to the nozzel.
Any guesses on a fix?
Also, I currently know somebody who was doing some industrial work with a 4500 psi machine that had a circular rather than liniar tip on the thing that he let hit him in the foot. The pics of the skip down the steel-toe boots to the point where the stream hit flesh are interesting.
We're talking palm-widths...
Also worth note is that the fella was standing in a mud-pool... not water.
I maintain that I am on the right track on trying to establish speed and force as quantified by ST, DX, and IQ. To tie such to actual refrence materal seems a good way to make my imagination meet yours. Elseif... I might play for YEARS in your "campagin" with a VERY different idea of what you mean by a Dragon or Fireball in my imagination from what your seeing in yours.
I consider such a situation poor GMing.
Such a GM is failing in suspension of disbelief.
Telling players "let's play makebelive" w/o a clear method of comunication leads to an imaganitave dictatorship IMO.
Nobody is that good... reguardless of the game setup.
What did Merlin tell Auther in the "Excalabur" movie?
"There's always something cleverer than yourself"?
Hate me if you will, but I've probally put more thought and actuall effort into this than the lot of you reading this.
As princaple Skinner said, "Prove me wrong children!"
It'd actually be pretty sweet to see such.
Maybe I'm not the only one...
I doubt it at this point however.
Ergo, I think rules are free.
A good "game company" should be focused on providing quality tools for the game. In the same fassion that an "air speed" calculation can be handled via a calculator I think that "imaginative" calculations can be handled in much the same method.
Let's just keep on the same "back of the envelope" with such spectulation.