From: raito@raito.com
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 8:20:40 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT and the SCA in your front yard

Quoting Mark Tapley <mtapley@swri.edu>:
> >At 19:36 -0500 8/15/10, Jay wrote:
> >>I ran into an opportunity this weekend to lay out a quarter sized
> >>Battle Map in a friends front yard and have some SCA folks pound on each
> >>other over it.
> > LOT'S of practical info came off of this little effort.
>
> This sounds pretty cool. Wish I'd seen that!

The first thing you learn is that 5 seconds is a long time.

The second thing you learn is that a hex is too big.

The third thing you learn is that it's very difficult to prevent
someone from entering your hex (i.e. entering HTH).

And if you do any Fiore, or many other sorts of WMA, you learn that you
absolutely do not have to drop your weapon when in HTH, nor do you
automatically fall to the ground.

So trying for realism within the TFT system is rather pointless. But
Consistency is just fine, and works.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com
(SCA Duke and Knight)