Re: (TFT) TFT and the SCA in your front yard

The way I was viewing it was that sometimes they are grappling, sometimes they are farther and just thrusting and parrying, etc..... but they are within those two hexes. So there is movement back and forth, etc etc, and the exact range changes. However, they are occupying those two hexes, pretty much the entire time, even if their exact locations in the hex are not noted.
----- Original Message -----
From: raito@raito.com
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:39:00 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT and the SCA in your front yard

Quoting PvK <pvk@oz.net>:
> What's wrong with the interpretation that grappling while remaining
> standing and
> using a large weapon is represented by the Step and Attack maneuver?

The size of hexes, mostly. You almost have to consider a figure as
being located in the center of a hex, even though we sort of assume the
figure can move around. But if you can move around, both figures would,
and you'd still have 4 feet between an attacking and attacked figure. I
don't think I can grapple someone 4 feet away. My arms aren't that
long. Apparently, giant arms aren't either, as they can still only
attack adjacent figures.

But remember, I don't require that TFT be realistic, nor do I believe
that it is. I've just been commenting on ways in which reality (mine
anyway) is different.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com