Re: (TFT) Foot races again

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"
Subject: Re: (TFT) Foot races again

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"
To reach full apotheosis one must first assume the ouroboros posistion and
then sucessfuly crap ones mind back out.
Easier said than done, and you end up like me when you fail the roll...

OMG!
I'm FUNNY!
Too ME anyhoo...

Maybe this?

Assuming Running/Sprinting Skill(s).

The runner at peak training and abilities might start the race (with a plus/minus few hundredth second of an advantage PvK) with a 2d6 check vs DX for 1 fST to accelerate from zero to half-max velocity for 1 second. Each second of continued acceleration adds 1 die to the check for 1 fST to again increase velocity by half. The runner can attempt to start maintaining velocity at the number of dice rolled for acceleration divided by two against ST for one fST. At this point in the race the Figure uses the same mechanic to add dice to the next seconds check for endurance in the same fashion as acceleration. To switch back to acceleration from endurance requires the same number of dice for attempting to maintain current velocity for 2 fST against DX.

I use how closely a player rolls their check to their target number to determine how well they run their race.
A plus/minus 1 equals control to the player.
The closer they are to the exact number they need to make a successful roll the closer they are to hitting their max. with critical successes giving them that once in a Figures life chance.
.
I think it might all boil down to fST.
How one spends one's fST across the contest makes one of the largest differences.
This may just be my opinion but there it is.
Call HP's a Figures oxygen resources and have them spend or loose them over blows. Trained fighters are awfully timid and correct to be so because rarely can an opponents "weird" tactics easily breach their trained tactics.

The Phalanx was boss, then it was not.
Without a lecture. THERE'S an opportunity for game-play at that 'hinge'.

Anyway, each number off of a success adds 0.01 second and each number failed off target adds 0.1 second.

Too weird?