Re: (TFT) Goblin port

I don't believe it takes a kid 8 seconds for a single pushup....... i do believe that would probably make it harder on them!
On Aug 27, 2010, at 12:43 AM, Jay Carlisle wrote:

Getting back to athletics for a bit.

More on the u.s. army's 6-12 conditioning project circa 1970's.
This is a fitness development program developed for indoors.
It's divided into age and fitness groupings.
It has 3 fitness levels for each age group.
The 6-12 refers to a group of 6 exercises performed over a 12 minuet period. There are six groups of 6 exercises in total and the grouping is such that someone is expected to start the first group at the lowest fitness level 'C' for one week and progress a level a week reaching level 'A' of group six in 18 weeks.
Each exercise is performed over a period from 1 to 6 minuets total.
From my experience with the thing (10 weeks into it) the idea is to complete the 12 minuets without being winded. i.e. very low fST. I'd hoped to use the exercise groupings for timing "odd" movements of Figures. Of the six exercises in a group each of the six in the group are related to the others in the group.
All the first exercises are types of "jumping jacks".
All of the second exercises are types of push-ups. (group 1 is push- ups from the knees, group 6 are clap push-ups)
The third group are sit-ups.
Etc.
I'm not going to be able to extract much in the way of timing single movements from all this, but it will tell me something about the overall fitness level of Units as a whole. A Tevis trained Calvary Unit running the actual race only finishes about half the Unit. Huw has problems if he out performs the rest of his Unit in reaching the battle ahead of the Calvary. What I can glean outta this work is a vague idea of the movements a Figure in good shape ought to be able to perform over a large group of turns w/o expending fST.
The actual time intervals are somewhat surprising.
8 seconds per clap push-up, 2 seconds per jack-knife sit-up at 17 to 29 year old level A.
A "kid" can only do 0.625 push-ups in a TFT turn, even WITH a clap?
Of course there are 631 reps to be completed over the 12 min. but that's still kinda slow.
Then again the kid ain't blowing hard afterwards.
i.e. unlike Euw after his 2 hours, these kids have some reserves to fight with after the effort.
Opinions from the non-couch potatoe crowd?