Re: (TFT) Goblin port

I just fell flat on the floor... thats not a matter of strength, thats dexterity!

after a few tries i was able to slap my chest and get back in position fast enough.... its definitely not a matter of power, though!
On Aug 30, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Jay Carlisle wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: Neil Gilmore
Subject: Re: (TFT) Goblin port

>Each exercise is performed over a period from 1 to 6 minuets total.
>From my experience with the thing (10 weeks into it) the idea is to >complete
>the 12 minuets without being winded. i.e. very low fST.

This sounds like a deriviative of the Canadian Air Force excercises
(which originated in the early 60's), except that the performance
criteria are different. You're supposed to be winded when you're done.
If you're at a level where you can reliably perform the excercises,
you're at too low a level (though they do say that you should perform a level for something like 3 days before moving up, just to make sure.).
As well, the CAF version has levels that 'normal' people shouldn't be
able to perform (they're for competing athletes).

That program was formulated to allow the CAF personnel to work out in
no more space than it takes to stand and lie down, and without any
equipment whatsoever.

This sounds like the same difference for sure.
I'm thinking of useing this info more for a lack of maintaining fitness for athletic types.
Putting Joe Athleate in bed to heal for a few weeks and the like.

My mother found this back in the 70's, and I have a copy packed away.
When I was in high school, I was up at the competing athlete level. Not
quite so much any more.

I pulled this from the second volume of the 2 volume 'The Medical Encyclopedia For Better Health' with copyrights from '73 through '78.
It seems to be a complation of previously published material.
I've yet to dig up the army doc on this but the book has 14 pages on the program.

For example, the lowest level of pushup is simply raising your head
from the pushup position. The highest level is a pushup where you slap
your chest at the top (like a hand clap pushup, but a bit more
difficult. Our wrestling coach had a level beyond that. You pushed up,
and had to spin about your long axis. Required explosive strength, a
fair bit of coordination, and some technique. They were a stone bitch.)

Ouch!
I just busted my tucus trying that.