Re: (TFT) House Rules?

House rules:

We had quite a few characters mix Wizard and Hero. They just did the costs whichever way was going to work best for that particular character. For example, quite a few goldsmiths (and thieves) paid the 3 IQ for Mend, because the campaign allowed a successful Mend to mend 1 carat of flaw in a gem (and yes, gems were tracked as to the size and severity of their flaws). We allowed characters to take Fencing for weapon forms other than Sword. To us, it was just advanced fighting, whatever the weapon. There was also a Shield Wall Talent. If you were using a shield, and you shared a front hex with a friendly figure who also had the Shield Wall Talent, then you also got the benefit of his shield. Made phalanxes work. House rules for Priest and Theologian was that a Priest got 1 GM secret roll to come out his way per session. Theologian got 2. If you prayed, the GM would consider whether that roll was the one to manipulate. So the gods could intervene, but not where you'd see it, and you never quite knew exactly when they did.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com