Re: (TFT) High Level Play

That's pretty much how we viewed and played power levels too. It's just that some of our PC's survived for several years of non-stop adventure with plenty of fighting. And since the world did not scale with them, it meant that they would still end up encountering 30-32 point opponents who didn't have any magic, who might be interesting people, but who would last only 1-2 turns against any of them, while requiring luck to survive the first attack followed by a roll a 3 or 4 to hurt them back.

--- mejobo@comcast.net wrote:

Heh. I think I've had a rather different take than most people... I
guess my campaigns have been more spaced out and with less XP...
32 is around an average person, either being fairly young but in good
shape because of it, or perhaps a bit older but slightly more
experienced.... up to around 36 this represents skilled people, but
not anything special..... fairly basic warriors, craftsmen, merchants,
criminals, lower aristocrats...

At around 40 you start getting into the more elite group- still quite
a few people are around this level, but its the better fighters, a
good archer, a good scholar, that sorta thing.

At 50 you are nigh on one of the most capable people around. Very few
people can match your abilities.
60 basically just doesn't happen, and would be somewhere around where
you get into superhuman territory.