Re: (TFT) High Level Play

I'd say that points (for ST, DX, and IQ) are relative...
I view it like this:
ST
1-5 small animals, very weak old people or species, children.
6-7: Very weak person, like a very old man (who isn't on his death bed, as above) or perhaps a 10 year old.
8: Weaker person, but not so much that they are considered ridiculously abnormal- most teenaged girls, an out of shape fellow, etc.
9: At this point you are more like 'average.' Still a bit on the low end, but you are strong enough to do most things- use a sword, a bow, break down a light door if necessary and given a few tries, etc.
10: You are truly about average in strength.
11: You are truly about average in strength. And I'm serious. I think 10/11 is around average for a stat, and really this one just varies for different sized people, sexes, etc. But 10-11 is basically average strength.
12: A strong guy, but not like really strong. This is probably more like average for a soldier.
13-15: At this point you are pretty strong.... still not like abnormally so, and many people are like you, but you are one of the tougher guys.
16-20: You are really, really strong. Still within human norms, but you are well muscled, can easily carry large weapons and lift large amounts of weight, and exert a large amount of force.
20+: You are in the "super strong" level..... mostly, in real life, this involves steroids. Could be a low level superhero even.

DX
1-7: absolute clutz. On the lower end its not even possible... you'd need to be nigh on brain dead for such a low DX>
8: You are not very good at hand eye coordination and such. The regular 'kinda clutzy' dude.
9: Still not a great athlete or anything, but you aren't so bad. Probably this is close to average for many people who aren't in their 20s.
10: this is average for people who are younger/fairly healthy.
11: Average for slightly more athletic types, but not for great swordsmen and archers... more like someone who has good control of their body naturally, but not a lot of training for applying it to much.
12-14: You are starting to be a good archer, or a good swordsmen. Not nearly the best, but you are capable in a fight, and can easily do simpler tasks like jumping a small chasm.
15-17: Really skilled, a sharpshooter or fencer.
18+: as you get really high you are truly god like in control over your body and such, and are accurate no matter what, but at the lower end you are more like a really, really good person in real life... one of the top archers, fighters, etc.

IQ:
6-7: dumb.
8: Far from intelligent, but this shows more a lack of experience and skill than a lack of intelligence.
9: Same as above but slightly better.
10: about average intelligence/experience. You can learn the skills needed to do most work at this point.
11-12: Above average. More skilled labor, more experience, or just plain smarter.
13-16: Quite bright. Can learn most anything and quite a few things too. At this point its hard to get this high without a fairly good natural intelligence, although experience is important too to get this high.
17-18: Really, really experienced, educated, and very smart naturally.
Higher than 18: getting into the genius bits then. Unlike DX and ST, I think IQ can easily get up into the 30's and still be 'possible in real life.'