Re: (TFT) A Point of Damage

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"
Subject: Re: (TFT) A Point of Damage

Hummmmmmm, I'm assuming the scale is fixed to base ST huh?

Okay, I'm being extra careful to be clear about that.
I got to thinking about how I put that and I think it could possabaly be read as snarky.
I don't mean the comment as such.

The way I see it the idea if fixed to the base ST rather than the adj ST means that even if the Figure is at an adj ST of 4 if the base ST is 12 then it still takes a blow of 12 damage or better to deliver a mortal blow. This has interesting implications for stuff like negitave ST house rules and resurections, etc. Elseif that base 12 Figure reduced to adj ST 4 gets a death blow with 4 points of damage with the average on a die 6 being about 3.5 points. Now I like how this is scaled from the base because a physically fit Figure isn't likely to be GIB-ed easier just because their fatigued.

That negative hp thing has a VERY strong appeal...
Nobody like to be told their dead... well... on further consideration I'd have to say that "Nobody" might be too strong a term...
Who wants to volunteer to sit on the death pannel?

? =====