Re: (TFT) Rules Test Question -- was: A Point of Damage

Such an advantage wouldn't outweigh the other disadvantages of low DX.

high DX characters may also (unless I mis-remember and it's just a house rule) delay their action if they choose.

Good point.

I suppose the specific example would be (inspired by David's test):

A (highest DX) and B (lowest DX) are attacking C and D.

1. A and B both attack C (because C is really tough),
2. however, A kills C,
3. so then B says "oh ok, I now change to attack D".

D complains saying, "are you telling me that you lifted your blade to attack my comrade (C) and as you were swinging it, you realised that your friend killed him and you then decided to attack me! ... I didn't realise your reactions were so fast".

Going back to PvK's point, if B's DX is lowest, then everyone else will be able to make their attacks first anyway (so B's advantage is not great) - so I see your point.

I am pretty happy with that.

Quoting PvK <pvk@oz.net>:

Such an advantage wouldn't outweigh the other disadvantages of low DX.

However I don't think even that advantage exists, because high DX characters may also (unless I mis-remember and it's just a house rule) delay their action if they choose.

--- brad@longbrothers.net wrote:
but, this sort of gives low DX an advantage - if they survive the high
DX attacks as they can "change their mind" during the round ...