Re: (TFT) Chainmail and Plate armour DX adjustement inconsistencies (was Rule clarification)

Ok, so it was the 2nd or 3rd printing of seven (?) or so printings of basic Melee, that had some references to other values for armor DX modifiers.

I started with the I think the first printing that wasn't a line drawing cover of Melee, and I don't remember ever seeing the -4DX for chainmail after that. So asserting that the -4DX for chainmail is somehow more correct seems pretty weird to me, considering it is never (or almost never, if there are some typos) that way in later printings or Metagame examples.

I think the evidence is overwhelming that -3DX for chainmail, -6DX for non-fine plate, was the decided-upon value. Which isn't to say it's wrong to choose to play with other values. But I think it is clearly wrong to say all the later consistent editions are wrong!

PvK