RE: (TFT) old school D&D Dieties vs TFT standard characters

LOL that's great! I love it.

Reminds me though of the D&D player who wanted to use his character in my GURPS game, and converted it for me (using his own ideas about what was reasonable) with notes such as, "Yes, he has Very Fine +5 flaming swords, but these are not very expensive items in GURPS..."

I've mentioned this on the list before, but I noticed that when I gave players characters to play who were just people from the setting with typical abilities, they tended to have much more fun than when I let them spend a bunch of points making some fantasy character with random powerful abilities that had no convincing back-story. Even when they had a huge backstory, usually the problem was that they had just made up the back-story during character creation, as opposed to actually having played that character and gained their abilities during play, so that they didn't really know how to be that person.

--- david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com wrote:
 At that point my players will start advizing them.  "You better bring a few
wishes too, Mike's probably gonna kill your character a couple of times."
"What!" the outraged player says "How do you kill Galactus!?!?"
A chuckle from the players is heard around the table.
A knowing player then tells him "With a character from the Game Toon."
Everyone around the table nods.
Another players says "Have you ever fought Rocky the Squirrel?"
Everyone looks grim.
One of the younger players says "You can't kill a toon, you know.  Not
permenantly."
Another says "Don't worry.  If you encounter a toon, just make up a song that
usually works on them."