Re: (TFT) General Test of ITL Knowledge

Is this a test of ITL knowledge, or a survey of GM opinions for how we play?

Assuming the latter:

* We always played by the book (Wizard and Advanced Wizard, in this case, rather than ITL, which I don't remember giving a conflicting opinion on the matter), which says you use the megahex grid, not place another overlay of megahexes centered on the player.

* Player arguments about metaphysics and gameplay mechanics during play are heard but not argued about during play.

* After play, we could debate what the best house rule would be. When I played TFT only back in the day, I would have said no that's not the way magic works, or the rules would say so. In an open discussion about how to play, assuming that I agreed that magic worked the way the player asserted, I might consider a house rule that changes the summoning range to be linear or centers megahexes around the caster.

* Seems to me the entire creation is supposed to be inside summoning range, anyway. At least, that's how some groups play. I'd have to look it up in Wizard and/or AW.

* Seems to me the GM was already very generous in saying the wizard woke up and was able to know the situation and to act on the turn he was awakened. I would think he'd need to wake up, look around, clear guck out of his eyes, etc., realize what had happened to him, before he could think about chasing slinkers. How many other forest creatures are nearby? How did the wizard know the slinker had done what it did, or even that it was a slinker. The scenario would make more sense to me if the wizard had woken up right before the snatch, so he might be aware enough on the turn in question to make an informed decision.
    If he was really asleep, I probably would have just told him he felt somethink yank away his powerstone and heard a fast scurrying sound race off to the east, but it took him a turn or two to wake up and look around before he figured all that out and was ready to act.