Re: (TFT) Sports stuff

I couldn't agree more with this. In fact I've always played that this is exactly what's going on during combat. As far as I recall this idea was first advanced in RuneQuest back in the early 80's. They said something to the effect that each roll of the dice represented a series of feints, misdirects, counter feints, etc. while a fighter looked for an opening to strike. This is exactly what a trained fighter would be doing while choosing the exact moment he's gotten his opponent off balance or out of position enough to strike home a damaging blow. It also makes describing game combat a lot better if you follow this model.

David O. Miller
www.meleewizards.com