Re: (TFT) Sports stuff

Quoting "David O. Miller" <davidomiller@verizon.net>:
I couldn't agree more with this. In fact I've always played that this
is exactly what's going on during combat. As far as I recall this idea
was first advanced in RuneQuest back in the early 80's. They said

Actually, D&D was always supposed to be this way, but I don't think it got stated in the rulles until AD&D. But it was certainly in The Strategis Review and early Dragon magazine being this way. And, like TFT, RuneQuest combat was influenced by SCA.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com