Re: (TFT) 1 point of 'damage' vs. 1 point of Fatigue

1 gram is a little tough to visualize for most of my players here in the states.
However, most d6 are a bit over 5 grams.
Now if I use the 3000 joules bit for 1 gram of TNT then Im talking roughly a ton in foot pounds, or about 10,000 foot pounds for a die six worth of the stuff. This suggests that a players Figure standing on a point about 12 feet, or 3 hexes away from a d6 chunk of TNT would catch about 5.5 foot pounds of force across their body. As I count 1 point of ST as 5.5 pounds moved 1 foot in 1 second Im tempted to call this 1 point of damage That would suggest that it would take about 10d6 of TNT (about a tenth of a pound) to kill Joe Average @ ST 10 and 3 hexes away minimum. The problem is that professional athletes generate forces between 1000+ pounds with a punch to 2000+ pounds with a football tackle and 3000+ pounds for something like a Rampage Jackson body slam. Now athletes are trained to receive such forces and also have equipment that goes a long way towards damage mitigation but the math works out to about 350ish damage for a 1 ton blow which is what Joe ought to be able to do with a 10 pound sledge at the end of a 3 foot handle and a full swing.

Maybe its the abstract thing?
Pair it down by about 30% to account for training, 30% to account for proper equipment, and 30% to account for dynamic movement and your down to 10% of that order of magnitude which is back in the ballpark of the back of the envelope Im considering.

So by the fault-lines of this idea Im at something like 4 trillion joules for a kiloton or about 725 billion damage on the point and subject to the inverse square much less other mitigating issues.

What do they call it on-line?
DPS?