From: Cris Fuhrman <fuhrmanator@gmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Melee: New Weapons (Space Gamer #13, 1978) article
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 00:45:53 -0400

Like yesterday, I did a Google Docs version of an article from The Space
Gamer. This time it's "Melee: New Weapons".

The article indeed presents six weapons not in the initial (1977) Melee
release, explains "Shield Rush" and "Dagger Marksmanship", and introduces a
monster: the Octopus.

He discusses in the intro the trade-offs he made between realism and
playability, and clarifies some details about HTH and other things. I don't
think anything is new with respect to the discussions in this group, but at
least you can read it for yourself:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1SAlQ0nN2NpuWQe3Z_ScBxTaW72pzJYZ9nu39bgT2hY4