Re: (TFT) MA issues, proposed fix - and 3 or 30 second turns, what's the dif?

----- Original Message ----- From: "John"
Subject: Re: (TFT) 3 or 30 second turns, what's the dif?

Hi John.

I read you and agree with your points but what about my point about a "speed run"? I was speaking about Death Test and how many turns it takes to compleate as counted in TFT Turns. If your searching bodies, checking for traps, opening chests and whatnot then I'll get through it (if not killed) MUCH quicker than you even with a poorer designed party. It's that frame thing I keep babbeling about... if the players are in an episode of 24 then the Turn count is MUCH more important thant your...

"See, lets say that it takes 4 rounds to finish up the combat part of an encounter - Lets say brigands on a byway outside of the local hamlet. And 10-15 minutes to roll the bodies, split the loot, and decide where to go next, then 15 minutes for fatigue recovery and physicking.

With 3 second turns, the whole encounter takes about half an hour.
With 30 second turns, on the other hand, it takes about half an hour."

Not trying to be a jerk here, just trying to make my point that I'm talking about a specific kind of frame to the adventure that doesn't allow "breathing room" for Figures between encounters and in fact encourages the players to initiate encounters as quickly as possable. This is something that becomes useful if you have "powerful" Figures that need a chalange. I give a small group of 32pt Figures time like you describe above in Death Test mainly because they won't make it anyway likely. A small group of 64pt Figures are under time pressure in MY game-world... especally if they know the layout somewhat.

I'm not saying you guys have to run secenarios like that, I'm just saying that they can be done.

And none of what I'm calling for in a "speed run" is "house rules".

The idea made me revisit Death Test for awhile anyway... and I had fun with it.

And the whole idea that it doesn't matter if our ideas of a turn are an order of magnatitude off bugs the heck outta me. You'd have a heck of a time bringing your Figure into my game-world and vise versa that way. In other words we could never have a Team of my Figures play baseball with a Unit of your Figures because we really aren't playing the same game. And "I'M" the one argueing for the count in 5 second Turns as given in this discussion... Weirdness... =====