Re: (TFT) Risqué Talents from Interplay #8

I also dislike them. First off, I don't like the idea of some characters having yet another attribute. Second, I don't usually like Talents that incorporate existing Talents. Want to be a Madam? Fine, get Sex Appeal, Charisma, Business Sense, Courtly Graces. Want to beguile others? New Followers. Etc. Really, all that's needed are a couple new jobs on the table if you want this sort of thing in your game. But as for whether the higher ones are balanced, consider that someone with the Houri Talent dumped 12 attribute points into appearance, and has to have a 14 IQ, and has to spend 7 of those just to get the Talent. That's an awful lot. Still doesn't make up for no save on some of the things they can do, though, and nothing short of magic should be able to force a PC to fight to the death.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com