(TFT) Thanks for your continuing help. Now to CHARGE on....

Thanks for your continuing help.

The CHARGE option on page 3 which reads as follows:

half your MA or less *
a) charge attack.* (this is a running attack, giving a pole weapon user an
advantage.)

Followed by paragraph 2, in the POLE WEAPONS section,  in the right hand
column of page 12 which states

"A charge attack is defined as an attack in which the attacker moves from
non-adjacent hext to a hex adjacent to his target.
Blah blah blah.  Pole weapons are good for either or AGAINST charges."

So I told my players at a little demo at my home that:   "a charger does not
HAVE to attack with a pole weapon.
The charge attack simple refers to an attack of half MA or less and then an
attack with some weapon."

Was I right? if im not right, then the only way to attack is to stand still
or move one hex and attack with a ready weapon, or
charge with a poleweapon.

Any input here would be great.