Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:26:33 GMT
From: "John" <johnnyboytmm@juno.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Scoop/throw

I think you have missed a trick, Jay. As I understand it, picking up a dropped weapon, or scooping one on the go, lets you pick it up, but it is not ready until the start of the next turn.

John,
	not to be too conciliatory, but I think you are both right. From AM p.3

Option I.g. Pick up dropped weapon ... pick it up *and ready it* (emphasis added).

Option III. Move more than half your MA ... Take no other action except ... scoop up a weapon.

So if I understood what Jay said, he thinks option 1g allows a character to move 1 hex, grab up a dropped weapon, ready, and (if the character knows thrown weapons) throw it, all on the same turn. I agree. (If I were trying to start an argument again, I might bring up Two Weapons, but it's probably safer to restrict that to the "house rules" category...)

But my original suggestion, which involved spending 3 MA to scoop up a weapon, does *not* permit the character to then throw it on the same turn, since no other actions are available (and under Movement it clarifies that the weapon isn't ready until the next turn).

Difference is how far the character moved; 0 or 1 hex to allow Option 1g, more than half MA to get stuck into Option III.
--
						- Mark     210-379-4635