Re: (TFT) chances of doing very little damage

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 23:28, Joey Beutel <mejobo@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:45 PM, Cris Fuhrman wrote:
>
>  On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 22:29, PvK <pvk@oz.net> wrote:
>>
>>  but other times it would just sort of bonk the wood and bounce off, and
>>> it
>>> seemed to have a lot to do with the angle of attack, and require a fairly
>>> high level of precision to reliably do the expected damage and not "dud
>>> out".
>>>

>> Wouldn't that just be modeled by a roll that's above your DX (or 16+)?
>>

> That shows you totally missing the tree.

Not sure I agree, but I'm guessing this horse has been beaten before on
tft@brainiac :)

Let's think of 4-dice to-hit vs a defending opponent, who by the way needs a
weapon to be able to defend. There are conceivably hits that make physical
contact (glancing off the weapon that's being used to defend), even if you
"miss". The point of defending is that it makes it harder to make an attack
that does any damage. Dodging is another story (since it requires no
weapon).