Re: (TFT) Mars - Plants get too hot on Luna.

If you go to the Mars Society site, there is an
essay that is called, "The VASIMR Hoax"

http://www.marssociety.org/home/press/tms-in-the-news/thevasimrhoax

Which pretty much puts paid to the technology.
Dr. Chang Diaz was invited to drive across town
and defend his claims, but he failed to show
up and only those who were critical of his work
were at the conference.

Your point about having a base on the poles and
periodically directing light into the greenhouses
with mirrors or light pipes is a good one.

Luna has not had much volcanism, and no hydrology
which are the major ways of concentrating ores.
Thus, the moon is likely made up of Junk Rock,
where the various elements are mixed together
but useful ores are rare or non-existent.  I
know a fair bit about Lunar geology (tho admittedly
some years old), and had not heard anything about
ores of Rare Earth Elements (REE).  If there is a
link that discusses this I would be very interested
in hearing about it.

Sorry for the long time before I replied to this.
I've been quite busy.

Warm regards, Rick.