Re: (TFT) Mars - Vasimr & Radiation.

At 16:16 -0400 9/1/11, Denis wrote:
 If you have better data or studies and can point me in the
right direction, I'll happily read these!

http://www.spenvis.oma.be/

You'll have to register, but then you can run all the cosmic ray, trapped radiation, etc. models you want. They are continually updating their models, too, so you get pretty recent stuff.

No connection other than as a satisfied user.

I think it'll tell you that cosmic rays are almost unaffected by Earth's magnetosphere, but mostly stopped by the atmosphere. They are also attenuated by the heliosphere during solar maximum, so they would get slightly worse the farther from the sun you are.
--
						- Mark     210-379-4635