Re: (TFT) Jay get's intrested in the "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" scenario by Mr. Miller while worring about the east coast TFT'ers

Okay, I have an 8 foot long bullwhip that is rather on the smallish side for
whips.
Wikipedia suggest that working whips top out around 20 foot but my McWhirter
Guinness says that the longest whip ever cracked was 97 feet with a dry
weight of 26.4 pounds.
Of course that was recorded in 78, perhaps thats been exceeded by now.
Anyway, from what little I practically know about the thing Id think that
its advantages would be mainly in reach.
Id call my little 8 footer a learning whip and almost surely go with
something more around twice my height if I were ever to learn the Whip
Talent Id suspect.
This would put the Rogs whip at 27ish foot on a learner and over 35 feet
(~8.5 hexes) if hes got the Talent.

The list of 2d6 damage weapons is a bit odd.

Broadsword
Military Pick
Light Crossbow
Halberd
Boomerang
ST around 30 to 35

With its 100 ST doing 8 to 9 dice damage and 2 hex long arms it occurs to me
that the Rog might be more interested in using the whip in its rope function
to wrap a foe and pull them into HTH.
A whip is really more of a tool, like a lasso, or boomerang, that has some
use in a combat situation as well.
I dont think pain compliance works as well on guys with Warrior or Veteran
as it would on other folks
So Id probably give the Balrog something like 10 to 12 hexes in full reach
with his whip, but the players would have no way of knowing cept maybe
Gandalf.