Re: (TFT) Jobs table: 100,000 simulated soldiers and farmers

My thoughts on this:

1) The statistics of long-term die rolls for everyone is *NOT* the best reference for what the progression of typical working characters is supposed to be.

2) The EP system, IMO, is ALSO NOT the best reference for what typical character power level progression should be. (Because 1) it's _mainly_ for PC's and 2) it's a simple up-only reward system that had to be revised.)

3) The best indicator of what typical character power levels is supposed to be, is all of the NPC's in all of the published products.

4) The simulator stats for 100,000 characters _is_ fascinating, academically, and thanks very much for doing it!

5) Isn't there a death check from natural causes every so many years? Or is that GURPS. At any rate, I don't see old characters slowly going down to ST 1 DX 1 IQ 1 before dying - I think they'd tend to die of colds, diseases, falls down stairs, etc, much sooner.

6) Almost no one does a huge amount of actual die rolling on the job tables. I had players who did find it interesting a bit, along with some roleplaying, and so on.

7) PC adventurers doing some years at jobs might be ok to learn faster than most people on average.

8) Again, a simple fix for those worried about the statistics, would be to make the reward something like 100 EP, or maybe 250 EP if rolled one lower than needed, or 500 EP if rolled two less than needed, or something.

9) If I wanted to make the ultimate, statistically accurate TFT job table and system, I would base it on the character power levels I thought mundane characters should have (e.g. by looking at typical published TFT PC's, or using my own sense which is fairly aligned with those), and then making the statistics match the desired levels. A simulator might be a neat tool to achieve that with...

PvK