Re: (TFT) Jobs table: 100,000 simulated soldiers and farmers

On Friday, September 23, 2011, Jay Carlisle wrote:

> Happiness is a warm gun (and a cold Koch)

Damnit! Sorry about that one folks... my cut and paste went a bit too far
and wasn't supposed to grab that.
I'm NOT trying to bring up politics here and apologise if I've offended
anyone who holds other views.
Yell at me via my e-mail please and not on the list please, and sorry again.

It was supposed to end here.

> When the Germans took Yap guess how they got the natives to resume
maintenance work on the islands footpaths?

> Double bleh!

The answer to the question is after some frustration in trying to coerce the
natives into starting maintenance again with more "western" methods they had
a few people walk around the island and paint marks on the "coins".
This worked like a charm and the paths were soon notably improved at which
point the paint was washed off.
Someone mentioned Keynes which was interesting to me because I came to Yap
through Friedman...
Uhhh
hoohila.stanford.edu/workingpapers/getWorkingPaper.php?...E-91
This isn't trying to advocate Friedman over Keynes or vice versa but rather
pointing out something I found interesting in trying to come to some kind of
basic grips with the subject of economics.
I figure when approaching the thing as a neophyte then Keynes and Friedman
go hand in hand for their era.
Plus, the Friedman paper has the story of the sunken coin which is also
pretty nifty.

Anyway, clouds coming in so looks like no UARS viewing for me... although
NASA's detailed information of when and where (today at noon eastern +/- 14
hours between lat 57 north and 57 south) didn't suggest too much of a shot
anyway.
Last I heard the Space Station is down to a skeleton crew and looks like
it's gonna be abandoned...
At least I might get to see THAT re-enter.
Sigh.
Mr. T PLEASE tell me I'm not gonna be disappointed with NH and Pluto.
I have plans for that little snowball but really want DETAILS.
Elseif I'm just gonna switch focus to China.