(TFT) Shield combat

Jay wrote:
>>On Wednesday, September 21, 2011, Mark Tapley wrote:
>>        From a character POV, it would take great bravery to drop your
shield as you were running up to an angry bear, but it could very well be
worth it.

>Yeah, this is a TFT fail area here (and D&D and so forth and so on).
As much as I dislike the Deadliest Warrior programe they do make some points
and one of the things I've noticed is each shield I've seen can be used
pretty effectively as a damage dealer as well as serve as additional armour.
Shield Rush doesn't quite take that into account.

True, though I'd say TFT is missing a shield bash option (rather than that Shield Rush should do damage), unless you have a Spike Shield, which isn't much of an option in most cases because there is rarely an occasion to prefer it over your usual weapon attack, and it's a simple choice between them in most game circumstances.

>And just in case anyone's a fan, I mention that I dislike DW because of the
"tone" the show takes.
They present it like it's very scientific and authoritative rather than what
it actually is which is speculative.

Agreed. They have a biased way of investigating and they overstate the correctness of their own approach. That part is hype which is best ignored.

>The last time I came across the thing they we're doing Zombies vs. Vampires
and the whole thing just came across as flat stupid, at least the 5 or so
minutes I bothered to watch.

Seriously? That's a hilarious new level of retardedness for them.