Re: (TFT) Death Test I (spoilers, if you care)

If you angle your own shield, the blow isn't too hard to take and it does
leave him open, especially if he's fighting an opposite-handed opponent.
Offensive shield work is harder but more rewarding if the opponent is
opposite-handed from you.

In a message dated 9/23/2011 2:17:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
maou.tsaou@gmail.com writes:

On  Friday, September 23, 2011, gem6868 wrote:
> As any offensive motion  with the shield would still leave you behind it,
I'm uncertain you should  lose the defensive bonus (most likely you are
"punching forward" with the  shield, leaving you behind it, right?).  In
other words, the shield  isn't an either/or attack/defense weapon.  I think
the -4DX should be  enough for what is, after all, a pretty weak strike,
1d6.

Ahhh  basic Melee.
Clubs do ST based damage in TFT proper.

Also of note,  with a (medium?) sized shield like used by a hoplite warrior
or knight (two  examples where I've seen this) the most powerful blows
seemed
to come from  strikes using the edge of the shield striking in a more or
less
horizontal  position like a frisbee.
Not much in the way of protection if the opponent  can get a blow in but I'd
be quite worried about getting his with that  shield.
=====
Post to the entire list by writing to  tft@brainiac.com.
"unsubscribe  tft"