Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

the mistake is applying the term "science" to something like a scholars Guild, Mechanicians Guild, etc. Highly unlikely that the way we think about science today exists on Cidri. You might try and describe what the MG does as "an observable mechanistic approach" to solving extremely limited needs. That doesn't = "Science" nor should it. It's like trying to say that Egyptians used "science". They didn't. But they did use advanced mechanistic means to build big stuff.

-----Original Message----- From: PvK
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 7:15 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

Hmm. But on Cidri you have undeniably existing, provable magic, and also science (Scholars Guild, Mechanicians Guild) and technological artifacts and backstory, and a fair degree of freedom to think about them. Science wouldn't be very scientific if it tried to disbelieve magic on Cidri.

--- gem6868@verizon.net wrote:
I've a problem with magic as science.  The two have nothing to do with one
another historically, philosophically and mythically.  It's like trying to
explain "miracle" with "science" and vice-versa.