(TFT) Howard Thompson and Metagaming

Hey Joe, I'm going up to Clash of Arms tomorrow, and would love to share any HT news with the owner, another long-time hobby biz guy. What's HT up to? Does he game at all? And why did he quit the industry after so many successful, well-loved games? And why not sell the system for something instead of having people just share and use it for free? It doesn't all add up. Whether you love a game system or just want money, keep it locked up somewhere doesn't get you anything and doesn't get the game out there.

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Hartley
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 3:39 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Daily Life...

Actually, Howard Thompson is not hard to find if you're around Austin.
The problem for some time is that he's not willing to negotiate for
the sale of TFT.  Basically, you can show up with a cashier's check
and he'll either accept or reject the offer.  The value he puts on it is
likely to be too high for a realistic sale.  As I recall the story of
SJ leaving Metagaming, he offered to buy both TFT and Ogre, but it was
only feasible for him to buy Ogre since TFT had far too high a pricetag.

I am at work and can't verify the details at the moment, but I'm pretty
sure that's close.