Re: (TFT) Magic, Magicians, numbers and power

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but don't those seemingly powerful spells have absurdly short durations?

And was it Advanced Wizard where they codified gestures and chants? Again, I may be misremembering, but on the upside I think you could canonically get some of the things you're talking about by casting at a higher IQ level. Like if you have IQ 12 and you cast confusion you don't need to use gestures or verbal components, so you could indeed mess with contracts.