Re: (TFT) Death Test 1, take 4: SURVIVED!

I disagree that pole weapons dominate play with Advanced Melee, and it certainly wasn't our experience. We played TFT for many years, to the point our brains were tuned to predict the result of combats before we rolled the dice, and the best moves were second nature. Pole weapons were not a very popular choice, except by the military, and plenty of characters survived plenty of encounters with them. In fact, pole weapon users tended to die quickly, because they would tend to draw extra attacks.

--- hulkasgt@yahoo.com wrote:
"... The result is that Pole Weapons dominate the game. Your character must, MUST have a pole weapon or he/she is dead meat. ..."