Re: (TFT) Reality vs. Game Mechanics

Actually,

I think I recall reading somewhere that really high speed missile weapons
( bullets, arrows ) can actually do LESS damage than their low speed
counterparts - they essentially punch a hole through the body as opposed
to breaking up, spalling, etc.

This is a particular problem where lethal lasers are considered - since
they both punch through and cauterize at the same time, they can do less
damage if they happen to hit in a non-critical location.

Can anyone confirm?