Re: (TFT) Space travel

I bet George Lucas is working on something with bows and arrows right now...
Alternate realities are probably the best way to get around the limitations of science as we know it, altho warp/hyperspace/gates cause the least amount of destruction to present scientific principles. FTL drive seems like a pretty long shot just now. Discovering a "gate" that allows you to pass to a place far away? Interesting in both science and plot.

-----Original Message----- From: Denis DesHarnais
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:01 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Space travel

Also, since this is a fantasy game, there's no particular reason things
have to be so far from each other, or that outer space be airless.  As a
matter of fact, space travel might just involve riding a balloon up to the
giant, curved ceiling with all the little candles on it and talking to the
dude who lights them every night.  In these cases, space combat could still
be conducted with bows and arrows.

Probably missing the point, by those are my thoughts....
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Margaret Tapley <barnswallow@sbcglobal.net