Re: (TFT) Space travel - galaxy sized dyson spheres.

Now what was/is(?) Krikkit?

This is a point I've tried to make about "warp-drive" ah-la 'A Wrinkle
In Time' et al.
A solar mass only bends light to a few milliarcseconds nei?
By that measure Galactus the Devourer of Worlds is a baby when it
comes to resource consumption.
It would be well over 450 billion solar masses to close the "circle"
and just how big would that circumference be?
But that's just my naive guess, I could be quite off base here.

I can barely conceive of parking Pluto on Mars to gain a period of
heavy atmosphere... and I'm not looking for probable but just barely
plausible if you stand back REAL far and squint.
Harvesting a galaxy for a "jump" seems a tad harsh... but if there's
nobody there to stop it then it's the old "humans are superior to
animals" bit all over again.
Viewed from a certain scale there are lot's of galaxies.

Ever think of "time" as emergent from the expansion of the "universe"
(my firework)?
As the space expands the "flow" slows?
While it slows the frequency of the the earlier "afterimages" increases.

Anyway, I don't think a "shell" can NOT spin.
Unless of course someones done some pretty cool Ptolmey model.
Asimov had it better conceived I think.
You "start digging".
What do they call it?
Topography?
It's the backasswards view but it works SOOOOO much easier conceptually I think.