Re: (TFT) Can you read this?

Funny how hitting SEND changes perspective...
The scale notes are still leaning strongly toward Jay-speak rather than English.
Here's a quick tweak.

1 Page is 10 inches from top to bottom (north to south) by 8 inches
from side to side (east to west).
10 one inch hexes cross a Page from top to bottom and 8 from side to side.
1 Melee-hex is 1 inch from hex-side to opposite hex-side (top to
bottom) on the Page and 1 1/4'' from e vertex to w vertex (side to
side).
1 Melee-hex represent a distance of 1.3m (4.3ft.) from hex-side to
opposite hex-side.
4 Pages top to bottom by 5 pages side to side equal 1 large table-map
(3.3 feet by 3.3 feet).
4 Pages top to bottom is 40 one inch hexes across top to bottom and
side to side.
1 Vehicle-hex is 4 Melee-hexes across from top to bottom.
1 Mass-hex is 40 meters across and roughly 40 Melee hexes across from
east vertex to west vertex.
There are about 40 Mass-hexes per mile from north to south.
5 Mass-hexes across (n/s) is 1 furlong (or stadia), or an eighth of a mile.
There are about 10 miles per Strategy-hex or 400 Mass-hexes on the Strategy Map.
There are 1200 Mass-hexes across 1 Campaign-square.

Also;

"3840 squares times 900 square miles is 3,456,000 square miles a
problem because approaching half the map is ocean, Canada, or Mexico.
The actual area of the united states is around 3,800,000 square miles
with major bodies of water.
However, 96 squares at 30 miles across is 2880 miles... much more
reasonable in scale.
I think the Road War 2000 guys used some road distances rather than
crow fly in building... still, it's the map I'm working with and it's
good enough for government work I suppose."

It makes sense that I'd have the most trouble with the RW2K map as I'm
extrapolating from it rather than deriving it.
Specifically the instructions state that each movement represents
travel of "50 to 75 miles".
So I took another look at the map for other ways to check.
I had already taken advantage of the fact that the location of the 120
cities on the map went a long way toward suggesting where rivers and
state lines (drawn on square-sides) should be drawn.
So I started counting squares in a few states.
I kept coming up with areas roughly half of the actual figures.
Rhode Island is actually the simple example here.
Rode Island is 1 square in area.
At 30 miles across that gives RI an area of 900 sq miles.
The actual figure is more like 1500.
So tweak the Campaign-square to 40 miles across and RI comes in at
1600 sq miles.
Okay, another check on Alabama.
26 squares by 1600 sq miles per is... 41,600.
AL is actually around 52,000 but 26 * 900 is only about 23,000 so this
is better.
So does 40 mile squares help the area issues for the u.s.?
3840 total squares times 1600 comes to a bit under 6.15 million square
miles, which fits with roughly half the map being ocean or Canada or
Mexico.
96 (squares across e/w) * 40 is 3840 miles.
There are 20 ocean-squares in the row immediately south of the midline
of the Campaign-map.
That leaves 3040 miles across from San Francisco to Richmond.
Driving directions list it as just under 2900 miles.
Looks like its 40 miles across for 1 Campaign-square... I'll adjust accordingly.