(TFT) System for genenating NPC attributes

Hi all,

If you started with (for a human) 8,8,8 this
system would generate a lot of characters
like 8,8,8 and 8,9,8.  I would assume that
you start with a 30 or 32 point character.

As other posters have said, if the _average_
person is 30 attributes, then a significant
number of them have to have less than 30.

I suggest this system:

-- Select ST, DX & IQ that add up to 30
attributes.
-- For each attribute roll 1d6.
-- If the result is 1 or 2 subtract 1 from
that attribute.  If the number was a one,
roll again, IGNORING six results.  The
attribute won't get a lower than a -3
result so you can stop rolling after 3
consecutive ones.
-- Else if the result is a 6 add one to
that attribute.  Then roll again IGNORING
one and two results.

(In other words, if the first result is a
one, the attribute only gets lower.  If
the first result is a 6, the result only
gets higher.)

This result will result in NPC's having
a bit less than 30 attributes on average.
If you want to have men with some
experience  (for example a tired old guard),
use Neil's system where 1's and 2's don't
count against you.

Warm regards, Rick.