Re: (TFT) How good is 32 points?

> Im going to speak for the AARP players union. Dichotomous rant.
> Please note i am taking some liberties by speaking in for gamers over 50.

I have a lawn. You ought not be on it.

> "There are 2 issues here: At our advanced ages, we dont have time to sit
> around through first level characters in a long term campaign any more. we

While I do find this true for most DND, I can't say I find it true for
TFT. Part of the charm of TFT is that you can have viable characters that
vary wildly. One of my favorites was useless in combat. But he had
Recognize, Value, Assess Value, Business Sense, Physicker, and the Mending
spell (useful in my world for reapiring flaws in gems). An absolute hoot
to play.

On the other hand, I can see where players might want to be able to use
some of the advanced Talents, Spells, and rules, and if you're always
starting over, you never get there.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com