Re: (TFT) Poison

In a way, that's how predators view their prey though - pure cost/benefit
analysis.  It's also how malignant narcissists/sociopaths are said to view
humanity.

How about a slippery slope into sociopathy as a control mechanism?  Each
time you kill with poison, you cede a bit of control of your character over
to the GM, who will begin to play for you on pure profit/cost basis to your
character and yours alone.  In other words, the GM might countermand an aid
spell that you would like your character to cast, because the GM doesn't
see what's in it for you.  You want to jump into the fray to rescue a
companion, but the GM doesn't see it as something a sociopath would do, so
you can't help out.  Eventually, the other players will get so sick of
playing with you that you have to start a new character just so you can
continue to play the game.