Re: (TFT) How good is 32 points?

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Rick Smith wrote:

> In GURPS it takes ~20 character points to raise an
> attribute or 1 to 4 points to raise a talent.  I
> don't think I would EVER improve a talent if it
> cost a full attribute, to say nothing about 2 or
> 3 times an attribute.
>
> If one attribute bought 5 or 6 talent points, I
> would consider it.  (Higher levels of talents
> might take 2 or 3 talent points.)

This is a very interesting point.
Attribute caps' can force the issue but by then the actual Figure in the
game-world is Harrison Bergeron and is already a handful from a GM pov.
What is an attribute point?
When I'm talking about one attribute point with someone else what am I
communicating?
I think it's probably best to talk in terms of each attribute and leave
attribute point a transient term between experience points and a point in a
specific attribute.
The idea I've been using for Talents is that 1 Talent point represents 1
hour of game-world time required in study or practice per day at IQ 10 to
maintain the Talent.
Higher IQ's have faster "perception times" and can Study quicker than lower
IQ's basically getting more done in a day.