Re: (TFT) GURPS combat complexity etc.

The stat problems in GURPS have largely been fixed in 4th Ed. Making
IQ and DX cost more than ST and HT, because they are far more useful,
goes a long way.

A quick and easy way to see 4th Ed. is to download GURPS Lite 4th Ed.:
http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004

This gives you the essence of the system in 32 pages. Fully functional
game with a variety of advantages, disadvantages, skills, and spells.
I often use Lite to run games at cons.

Now, TFT is still my favorite fantasy game, but GURPS is my favorite
for everything else, except superheroes, which would be Champions.
---
Brett Slocum <brett.slocum@gmail.com>