Re: (TFT) GURPS combat complexity etc.

Dear friend, Hero games has done a nice job of this using speed.

speed is (Dex / 10) +1.
Average DX is 10 in Herogames so:
average human is speed 2. supers are speed 3.
max segments: 12

Got you Sir.
Uhhh quick question please?
Define speed 1.
As I recall we are talking 5 second turns but I've played the MMORPG
Champions much more recently and phases are out the window there.
Still I've had luck with RPG translations of some of the quest structures
and the swinging chain weapons.
The numbers in the mechanics need to be able to communicate imaginative
information to the players and having to learn why "these go up to eleven"
is a misdirection that such an Illusion shant get from me.
I give no respect I tell ya.
Tell me how my reference material fits into the system and I can't bitch
but I was forced into an arbiter position simply from the lack.
I know what the point is but so far the movement to contact ain't popped me
in the melon.
bEveryone has talent. What's rare is the courage to follow it to the dark
places where it leads.b
b Erica Jong <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6085.Erica_Jong>
Yeah, that sounds so wise but maybe don't tell things like this to a
sociopath?
The problem is how to get from a number as a symbol for something in the
system into each players head as a concept that agrees with the group
during play.
Simple is good until you forget to define the single unit.
Saying ST 10 is average doesn't define 1 point of ST.