Re: (TFT) TFT Tonight: How to make players even more miserable. To the DOGS, I say! Suggestions as players? or dms?

---------- Original Message from Jay----------
So there are some interesting dynamics here.
I'm assuming a crystal ball as described in TFT... probably could have left
the coin out of the deal.
A Lawyer is interesting... common law?

Yes, a standard TFT crystal ball. Truly a King's ransom; which is why the plan worked.  We had enough value to matter.

And we worked for that crystal ball too.  We had a very long running plot where we were in opposition to a mage.  He was ALWAYS a step or two ahead of us, it was terrible. WENT ON FOR MONTHS.
Eventually we kill him, but not until after the prisoner we were trying to rescue is killed, so we don't get paid.
Months later I realize he may have had a crystal ball to stay ahead of us that way.
So we go back to where we killed him, search out his well hidden lab, and find the crystal ball.

Good times.

since I was not the GM, and my character was only interested in pragmatic issues (how to get his comrade released) rather than philosophical ones (what is the legal and judicial system like in this city through which I am passing), I cannot comment on the legal system, other than to point out that enough money can corrupt it.