Re: (TFT) Melee Arena discussion

Hi Geof,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I am not familiar with Vassal. I do recall it coming up in discussions a few years back and I think I even looked into it a bit. I'll have to take another look. Never the less I will probably continue my work because my hope is to take it beyond simple combats and there is probably room for more than one approach to this large design space. I have a few ideas I would really like to try out. Also, this project is letting me experiment with and learn about a wide range of programming and development techniques :)
I actually believe that many of the members of this TFT group are very much into playing campaigns in a room full of gamers, with a high degree of story line and adventure, and in some cases detailed table tops and miniatures, and that there isn't any software out there (perhaps other than a few very small, targeted tools) that fits into this environment. I am hoping to learn from this group and in the long run create something that could actually augment this gaming environment environment without any intention of replacing it. But that's a big project and I have to start somewhere.
I vaguely recall Vassal looking very impressive but also somewhat complicated to set up and use. Have you tried it out?

Thanks!
Lloyd