Re: (TFT) Hello

You have a point. Maybe it took someone finally analyzing what  it took to
fight to make it easier. All I know is that I knew this as a good  system
immediately because I could understand it better. If I wanted to  introduce
rules like bardic magic I could check them mathematically with a 3  body
problem rather than having 6 or 8 factors that might get distorted. I do  think
that END in HaOW bears looking at since TFT is more deadly than  D&D anyway.

Sir Charles 1st Earl Marshal of the Kingdom of  Caid

In a message dated 8/6/2013 9:40:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
raito@raito.com writes:

> me.  Probably  because an SCA fighter had invented it, I understood  it

The same could be said of Runequest, so I'm not sure that just  having done
combat in the SCA is a good qualification for designing gaming  systems. it
is also true that there was an SCA group in Lake Geneva in the  early 80's.
Most of the members there were TSR employees. That didn't help  D&D much,
did it?

SCA Duke who won the first tournament held in  Genevieve's Lake, and who
lived in Austin.
Neil  Gilmore
raito@raito.com
=====