Re: (TFT) Polyhedral Weapon Heresy

Hmm I sometimes wonder if all of us play the same game. TFT combat is extremely deadly and most the time I ran it a players character was very lucky to survive to the end of a multi session scenario. It did happen though, which gave the scenario consistency. And those characters became very memorable characters in all players eyes. But most characters were fodder. Because of that I rarely saw anyone gain enough experience to really advance.

In fact (as shocking as this is to the purist amongst us) we stopped bothering with experience after a while. It was too too much like bookkeeping and really not very much fun.

So in a sense all of our games were like the "start of TFT campaigns". And it was great fun to watch characters succeed against seemingly insurmountable odds. Sort of like "most" fantasy books I've read.

If I wanted characters with tons of experience and almost impossible to kill I would have played D&D.

Of course I was also know by some of my players as the "Deatharee" instead of the "Referee".

David
David O. Miller
Miller Design/Illustration
www.davidomiller.com