DX range adjustment, thrown things (was: Re: (TFT) Polyhedral Weapon Heresy)

At 15:58 -0400 8/14/13, Neil replied to Joey:
 > Also, I may be misremembering, but I thought Thrown Weapons also provided
 less DX modifiers per hex... I think it switches from -1 DX per hex away
 to -1 DX per megahex.

THROWN WEAPONS (2). Ability to throw things hard and accurately.
This talent is a prerequisite for peculiar weapons that must be
thrown, like Bola and Sha-Ken. A figure with this talent gets a +2
DX add WHENEVER he throws something. He can also throw any
weapon on the same turn he readies it.

	There is a special case. AM pp. 23, Fire as a Weapon:
"The range adjustment for DX on throwing molotails (and similar items) is -1 for every MEGAHEX distance from you to the target." (emphasis in original).

	I think maybe this is what Joey was thinking of.

Not sure this is a great rule, but it makes some sense; I find it easier to lob a bottle ^M^M^M^M^M basketball ;-) onto a small target at moderate distance than to accurately throw an axe or spear at that target with useful energy.

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635